Varsity (Middle School) League Rules
This Division is intended to give 11, 12 and light 13 year olds a chance to compete with each other. All players who will be 11, 12 and 13 years old before August 1st are eligible to participate. ALL players must play offense or defense the first 3 quarters of the game. 4th quarter teams may do what they wish (wide open).
- Quarters shall be 8 minutes in length. Each team given 3 timeouts per half.
- Can’t hit center on punts or extra points.
- Extra point is one point for run and two points for a pass or kicked.
- The league has no over-all weight limit in any division but with the following guidelines. Any player weight 150lb and under can play any position. OVER 150.9 lbs must play offensive or defensive line (end to end) only. Players over 150 will be marked with orange/geen sticker on helmet.13 year olds must be in 8th grade or below to participate. All 13 year olds must weigh 115.9 lbs or under to be eligible and cant play middle school ball. The official weight for the whole year is at equipment issue.
- All Defensive linemen tackle to tackle must be in a 3 or 4 point stance. Offensive linemen from tackle to tackle must be in a 2, 3 or 4 point stance. All linemen on offense must be no more than 3 feet apart from each other (tackle to tackle only).
- Mandatory Play is every kid must play offense or defense in the first 3 quarters of each game. This excludes special teams (kickoff, kickoff return or punts). The Board feels all players should play as much as possible if in good standings with team and league rules.
- No more than 6 coaches in full on sidelines for each game.
- All teams will make playoffs. NO OKLAHOMA OR BULL IN THE RING FOOTBALL DRILLS.
- Anytime during a game a team has a lead of 23 points or more, the team is asked to take out their backfield or remove their top players. Unless they don’t have enough players to replace the starters, they will then have to move the main ball carriers to other positions. The clock will continuously run when the lead is 23 points or more. Once the continuous clock starts, the game will stay in continuous clock no matter if the score stays over or under the 23 points.
- League approved ball will be the TDJ ball.
- The League will go by the Ky High School Federation Rules unless noted above. (playing rules only)