JV League Rules
This Division is intended to give 9, 10 and light 11 year olds a chance to compete with each other. All players who will be 9, 10 and 11 years old before August 1st are eligible to participate. 11 year olds must weigh under 75 pounds to participate in the JV Division or they must play in the Varsity Division. All players shall participate as much as possible.
- No kickoffs or kickoff returns- this rule is optional-Kickoffs from 30yd line.
- 30 yards will be given for punts (10second run off time).
- Extra point is 1 point for a run and 2 points for a pass or kick. Can’t hit center on extra points.
- Quarters shall be 7 minutes in length. Each team given 2 timeouts per half.
- The league has no over-all weight limit in any division but with the following guidelines. 9 and 10 year olds have unlimited over all weight limit. Any player with a weight of 110.9 and under may play any position. Any player that their weight is over 110.9 will have a green x sticker placed on helmet and must play offensive or defensive line only (tackle to tackle). If at anytime a player with an green x sticker on their helmet comes in contact with the ball be it a fumble, interception etc. the ball will be down at that spot. The league has tried in every possible way to have weight limits to protect players and also providing a place to play for all regardless of size somewhere within the league. Its the responsibility of the coaching staff to make sure before each game that each player has stickers placed on helmets. The official weight for the whole year is at equipment issue.
- All teams make playoffs. No more than 4 coaches on sidelines for games.
- Everyone must start/play one side of ball (offense or defense) for entire game (regardless of number of players you may have. In playoffs this rule stays the same. NO FREE SUBSTITUTION.
- Offensive line tackle to tackle must be in a 2, 3 or 4 point stance and on defense the line (tackle to tackle only) must be in a 3 or 4 point stance. Line separation max. of 3 feet between line tackle to tackle.
- Anytime during a game a team has a 23 points or more lead , the team is asked to take out their backfield or remove their top players. Unless they don’t have enough players to replace the starters, they will then have to move the main ball carriers to other positions. The clock will continuously run when the lead is 23 points or more. Once the continuous clock starts, the game will stay in continuous clock no matter if the score stays over or under the 23 points.
- League approved ball will be the K2 ball.
- The league will go by the Ky. High School Federation rules unless noted above. (playing rules only).